It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Furniture
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:16 am 

anyone else love furniture stores, furniture shopping, etc.? picked up anything unique or looking at a piece for a future room? didn't see a furniture thread

--------------------------

Here's my collection:

About a year ago at aventura mall (south florida) I wandered into the Restoration Hardware store there. I'd never heard of it, but came away loving a good amount of stuff in there, subsequently creating an account on the site and making a wishlist.

I'm not planning on having a big place, but I really want what I do get to be some eye catching stuff. also growing up I never had one piece of furniture that wasn't a hand-me-down or something free from a family friend or neighbor, so buying & owning furniture myself gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

this was my first purchase

78"W x 41"D x 30"H
Weight: 184 lbs.

aluminum over hardwood, just gave it a full polish with Flitz metal polish & it looks amazing. Also purchased the chair and a lamp to go with it:

when I was in melbourne australia last november I went into this really sweet antiques bazaar & got a thing or two there. when I got back to floirda, I looked for something similar, and google spat out the hillsboro antique mall, so I went looking for some cool pickups. It was pretty disgusting inside, filled with roly poly 50+s & nothing that great. They DID, however, have a cool furniture section that was all chinese furniture from the late 1800's - early 1900's.

this one caught my eye:

approached it, marveled at how good its condition was, read the tag:

okay, cool, flip tag:

fuck that's expensive :owens:. Loved it, but for the utility (can't read the writing, don't have that much small crap to put in all of those drawers), coupled with the fact that I had no means of transportation, could not even entertain the thought.

HOWEVER, months later, while checking on ebay for older apothecary cabinets, I see this:

which I just picked up tonight for $500. and it's located just 1 county up from me, so I can rent a truck & pick it up myself. Just got a message from the seller:

"please coordinate with me as to when you plan to pick it up. my wife and i travel extensively, so are not always home.
ps. congrats, it's a great piece, we paid 1250 for it, but it no longer fits our space."

this is what I'm saving up for next:

but I'll have to wait until it goes on sale again, wouldn't buy anything from there full price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:12 am 

http://fuckyournoguchicoffeetable.tumblr.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:02 pm 

uh zipzoom wrote:
http://fuckyournoguchicoffeetable.tumblr.com/

Great find. I'm currently in the middle of decorating :pause: , can always use inspiration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:53 pm 

Pro nay That coffee table is dope for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 pm 

really man? that shit is foul. I like clean lines, cherry wood.